- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 17 January 2021 17 January 2021
A smoothie lover, that is! My family makes breakfast smoothies just about every morning, using a delicious nutritional shake powder I carry in my supplement line. Clients often ask what to add to their smoothies to make them as healthy and filling as possible.
Some things I routinely add to mine to make what I call Super Shakes are these:
- Fruit – bananas, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, apples, peaches
- Greens – kale, spinach, swiss chard, or a powdered greens mix (also in my line)
- Ground Flax Seed, chia seeds, or a mix of both
- Plain, full-fat yogurt
- Avocado, cucumbers, celery
- Nut butter, cacao powder or nibs, unsweetened coconut
- Water, goat milk, nut milks
These are just a few of my favorites. A recent article in Food Networking Magazine provided ingredients and recipes for Smoothies for each month of the year. Here is a list of some of them. Try a few from either list!
Fruits: clementines, pineapple chunks, pears, pitted cherries, oranges, raspberries, blackberries, watermelon, cranberries. These can be fresh or frozen.
Vegetables: grated carrots, cherry tomatoes
Spices: Grated fresh ginger, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, basil, cayenne
Liquids: almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, orange juice, apple juice or cider,
Other: Cottage cheese, Dark chocolate, dates, pumpkin puree,
If you want to try the BEST nutritional shake powder, check out the one I carry here or give me a call. I’ll give you samples! You can try my greens powder, too. You’ll love both!
To Your Vitality!