- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 07 December 2020 07 December 2020
As we all move inside because, baby, it’s cold outside!, we may be thinking it’s time to do a bit more cleaning and disinfecting. Personally, I feel the best way to clean is to hire a local firm to do it for me … but we all have times when we need a good product for a quick or thorough cleaning.
I follow the Environmental Working Group (EWG) and most of their directives. They published a list of “Effective and Safe Products” they recommend for cleaning. These are ingredients that are well-rated and have fewer ingredients.
Here is the list from ewg.org (in no particular order). Follow the directions on the label. Unlike most things I recommend, I haven’t tried all of these. Usually, I find recommendations from EWG to be spot on. Use these to get that spot off!
- Commercial Solutions Disinfecting Bio Stain & Odor Remover
- Pet Solutions Advanced Disinfecting Stain & Odor Remover
- Hydrogen Peroxide Action Multi-Purpose Cleaner and Wipes, Oxygen Splash
- Hydrogen Peroxide Bathroom Cleaner, Cool Spring Breeze
- Hydrogen Peroxide Multi-Purpose Cleaner, citrus Sparkle Zest
- Power Bathroom Cleaner, Island Breeze
- Multi Surface Disinfectant, Fragrance Free
- Disinfectant Spray, Eucalyptus, Spearmint & Thyme, Fresh Citrus & Thyme, Lavender Vanilla & Thyme
- Disinfecting Wipes, Lemongrass Citrus Scent
- Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner, and Multi-Surface Cleaner, Lemongrass Citrus Scent
- Multi-Surface Disinfectant Cleaner
- Multi-Surface Disinfectant Cleaner, Glade Rainshower
Next week, look for some VERY natural cleaning tips and recipes!
To Your Vitality!