December Newsletter: Write a Letter to Santa! Healthier Cleaners for the New Year.
- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 12 December 2021 12 December 2021
I love Christmas stories, and in a recent one, an adult was encouraged to write a letter to Santa, based on letters she had written as a child. Santa always came through! It was a cute, magical story.
As the holiday season continues, we often look toward the new year, and stipulate changes we need to, or want to, make – in all areas of our life. Quite often, our main goal is to get in shape, lose weight and start exercising. These are terrific changes to make, and require a strong fortitude to make them! Write a letter to Santa!
Change can be elusive if not done wholeheartedly and with a firm plan. Writing down WHAT you want to do is a good first step. Tell Santa!
As you formulate your plan, tell Santa the answers to these questions:
- Do you eat nourishing food?
- Do you drink plenty of water?
- Are you eating slowly and enjoying your food?
- Are you moving your body?
- Do you breathe fully and deeply?
Then, tell Santa how you will begin your plan. Write it in your letter. For instance,
- You’ll start to drink water - half your body weight in ounces (150 lbs. = 75 oz. water) each day
- You’ll move every day – walking in your neighborhood, at the mall, or in your office building. Tell Santa you’ll aim for 15 minutes per day, at least 5 days/week.
- You’ll practice breathing deeply at least 3 times per day – use my favorite 5-5-5 breath. Breathe in for a count of 5; hold for 5; fully – fully – exhale for a count of 5.
Tuck this letter away – or make a copy and send it to a Santa Letter mailbox 😊. The silliness of this Letter to Santa is backed up by journaling science stats. Documenting a plan makes it real, and gives you a blueprint for action and success! Writing something down gives it strength and validity.
Try it! Santa might read your letter and provide encouragement.
Healthier Cleaning Products
As the new year comes along, and we clean up from holiday preparations, think about trying some healthier-for-you products! Many commercial cleaners contain products that can impact our health. Here are some good recipes to try, from ewg.org.
Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon liquid soap or dish detergent (not antibacterial) and 2 cups water. Use on surfaces with a machine washable cloth, abrasive scrub brush or sponge and a squeegee in the shower or on windows.
Make a soft scrub cleaner by using ½ cup baking soda with a little liquid soap or dishwashing liquid to make a paste you can then use to scrub.
Using more natural products will keep you healthy and in good shape as the new year begins!
To Your Vitality and to your Wonderful Holiday!