- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 20 April 2020 20 April 2020
April in National Kite Flying Month. Kites have a long history of use for scientific purposes as well as recreation.
- Bermuda holds the world records for kite altitude and duration.
- In Korea, kites are flown to make a wish or for the good luck of the flyer. Kites are also flown on festive days and National holidays.
- Charlie Brown, the lovable character from the Peanuts cartoon, was often shown flying his kite into a tree – seemingly to depict the adversities in Charlie’s life.
With all the life changes we’re going through, maybe you don’t feel like soaring like a kite right now. I’m with you. Many people are just hanging on. If you need to do something to feel good, allow yourself just a few minutes to think about yourself. How can you soar, even in what some say is a dismal atmosphere?
Use the balance of this month of April to think about your goals, direction, growth and career plans. Make the most of opportunities that come your way: seek out a mentor – or become one; join a virtual club or networking group; take a class just for fun; or simply make room for some leisure time.
Be like Bermuda, and maintain a personal record of altitude and duration for the tasks that are important to you. This can be something YOU can control, and not anyone else.
Full Circle Vitality offers a terrific Lunch & Learn session titled Food Rules. When we’re all back to work, think about having us come in to treat your employees. It could be a great way to begin soaring into summer, when our food supply is plentiful, local and delicious!
To Your Vitality!