- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 08 February 2016 08 February 2016
If the winter doldrums set in, and you hesitate to get your work-out in, think twice!
Recent studies have shown the following:
- Working out 3 times per week can reverse the age-related brain shrinkage that makes you forget where you put your keys or why you entered a room.
- A moderate work-out 5 times per week just might lower your odds of catching a cold – by about 40 percent, according to researchers at Appalachian State University. Nothing to sneeze at!
- A study done with mice showed exercise actually helped cells clean themselves up. This means those who exercise might be less like to get diabetes or cancers.
So, lace up those sneakers and get to work! It’s a great way to beat the doldrums.
Keep that vitality!