Scratch Recipe - Blueberry Muffins
- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 30 June 2021 30 June 2021
This scratch recipe is loaded with antioxidants, anti- inflammatories, and has a lot of protein, making these muffins a great summertime quick and easy breakfast. We’re coming into blueberry season, so take advantage of local fruits and make a batch. You can even freeze them for later! Blueberries rank as one of the healthiest fruits you can eat, even when they’ve been frozen! This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 ½ cups mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted OR 1 stick organic unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup buckwheat flour (or regular wheat flour)
- 1 ¼ cup rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca starch
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper muffin molds.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, honey, baking powder, salt and whisk for one minute.
- Add in the melted coconut oil or butter, vanilla extract and stir.
- Add in the buckwheat flour, rice flour and tapioca starch and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries until they are evenly distributed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin molds.
- Sprinkle the remaining blueberries onto the top of each muffin cup, pressing in gently.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool down for at least 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
To Your Vitality!