- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 06 June 2016 06 June 2016
There are numerous professional sports being played right now in one season – hockey, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, soccer. Over the years, many famous athletes and athletic heroes have expressed what it was like to strive to succeed in their chosen activity, or life in general. In honor of this multi-sport time of year, I offer the following words of wisdom below.
Perhaps you can use some of these snippets as motivation for whatever struggles you might be facing – like trying to eat more healthfully, exercise a bit more, get more sleep, become more organized, or spend more time on yourself. The key is to just do it! Hmmm…. that sounds like a good slogan….
- It’s never over till it’s over. Yogi Berra, New York Mets
- Champions keep playing until they get it right. Billie Jean King, Tennis Pro
- Don’t ever give up…don’t ever give up. Jim Valvano, NC State Basketball Coach
- Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers
- Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time. Lou Brock, St. Louis Cardinals
- Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire. Fred Shero, Philadelphia Flyers
- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. Vernon Law, Pittsburgh Pirates
- You’re the only one who can make a difference. Whatever your dream is, go for it. Magic Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers
And, while I’m not a famous athlete, I have to add my two cents:
If you don’t take care of yourself, you won’t be able to take care of anyone else! Robyn Holder, Full Circle Vitality Group
To Your Vitality! And keep moving!