I don’t want to be the first one to say this…but the holiday season is right around the corner. As a nutritionist, I always advocate making good food choices. Likewise, as a nutritionist, I recognize the need to celebrate with family and friends. Because of the nature of celebrations, we feel good, we’re happy, and this can lead to too much food and too much alcohol. Who hasn’t been there, right?
If you plan to celebrate in a big way – with a big glass of beer, champagne or wine, liquor or other type of libation, be prepared!
- Eat food with your alcohol, and eat and drink s-l-o-w-l-y. Try not to drink on an empty stomach
- Stay hydrated! Alcohol, by its chemical makeup, is dehydrating. Drink lots of water with your libation! I often say “one drink, one water.”
- Be smart with your choices – good food and delicious beverages
- Don’t waste the fun of a celebration by choosing to drink too much and getting sick.
If you do? Never fear!
Full Circle Vitality Group has a solution for your occasional alcohol overindulgence that leads to the dreaded morning after and the ever-present hangover and your vow to “never drink again.”
Try our Hangover Helper kit! These are specially designed to help you get through the day after, and to prepare healthfully for your next celebration, so it might not be as dreadful. Our Hangover Helper kit comes in a reusable bag and contains:
- Nutritional Shake. Just the thing to give you something in your system that is easy to digest and gets right to work! Provides nutrition along with hydration to make you feel better sooner.
- Greens Powder. Helpful to alkalize your system and provides hydration when you mix with water. Also helps your immunity, so you won’t get sick when you’re down and out.
- Antioxidants Stick. Provides recovery and protection for your body. And tastes really good!
In addition, we include easy health tips to help you while you recover, and some suggestions for the next time you plan to celebrate.
To Your Vitality! Have a Great Holiday!