When working with clients, an important stress relieving, brain-boosting activity I advocate is taking a nice, relaxing bath in the evening. Some say “aaah,” others say “no way!” Whatever you say, think about giving baths a try! All of my clients love them after trying them!
I like a simple warm bath with added Epsom Salts, and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Epsom Salts, composed of magnesium sulfate, are great for our bodies! Many of us are deficient in magnesium, so we can absorb some from our bath. Our brains love sulfates, and as you soak, your skin absorbs them, and this is what helps you to calm down and relax. Baths are sleep boosting, too!
Try some of these bath ideas tonight! You might love the practice!
- Add ½ cup baking soda while water is running to soften skin
- Olive oil can help keep skin soft and smooth. Add a few tablespoons to bath.
- Whole milk – 1 to 2 cups – can soften skin, too.
- Add about ¼ cup grated FRESH ginger, or 2 T powdered ginger to your bath to help flush out toxins.
- Add my favorite – lavender oil, or dried lavender in a tea ball or empty tea bag.
- Apple cider vinegar in your bath will help your skin maintain its pH. Add 1-2 cups, and help prevent skin irregularities.
- Skin rash or sunburn? Put uncooked oats in a tube sock, tie off the end, and add to a running bath for a few minutes.
No bath tub? Try these tips:
- Put a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil around the shower drain or the edge of the shower before you step in. The steam will release the scent, which will calm and relax you.
- You can also get a sprig of eucalyptus and hang it from the shower head for a similar effect.
Relax this evening! To Your Vitality!