What does this mean, “love your people?” I heard a famous person say this when accepting an award. Think about it. To me, it means love those to whom you are close. Your family. Your friends. Your co-workers. Your neighbors. Your People.
In honor of my wedding anniversary this week, I offer you some thoughts on how we can love those we love.
We have life and we have death. And, we have a lot of living in between! Make that living the best you can, living your life with gusto, vim, vigor, and passion.
How to Love Your People:
- Keep your people current. Don’t let them procrastinate, and don’t allow yourself to do so either. The old adage, “don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today” is so true. What if you have an emergency tomorrow? What if a loved one gets injured? Do what you need to do today – even if it’s running to the bank or post office.
- Feed your people. Give your people – and yourself - good food, not junk food. Eat food grown or raised in fields. Eat good, clean proteins, fats and lots of veggies and fruits. If you do eat processed or packaged foods, read the label and make sure it’s processed as healthfully as possible. Help your people drink lots of water.
- Exercise your people. Move! Encourage those you love to move! One of the best things my husband and I do is work out together. We motivate each other and encourage each other. We have a tandem bicycle and ride as much as we can. I like it because we are literally together, and I can talk as much as I want…. Grab a friend and go for a walk! Take a bike ride. Take a class together.
- Spend time on your people. Rather than buying lots of things, buy experiences. Spend time, not money. DO things with your people. Simply be present with your people. Enjoy the sharing and comradery.
- Appreciate your people. Acknowledge them. Thank them. Adore them. Kiss them every day – several times a day. Hug them.
- Talk to your people. Be courteous. Have an open mind and an open heart with your people. Care about your people and show them your best self.
A friend of mine who is leaving the area recently told me she admires me! Yay!! Isn’t that sweet? She went on to say she loves who I am, the way I live my life, and all that I share with others. I would say she loves her people.
Give your people kisses after you read this! To Your Vitality!