Lemons are amazing fruits! Many of us think they are acidic and avoid lemons and lemon juice, but the opposite is true. Lemons become alkaline in our systems, and can help improve our health in many ways! I often tell clients to add lemon juice and a little stevia to a big glass of water to help them drink more water – the lemons give water a nice flavor.
I recently started an in-depth course on essential oils, and lemon essential oil really stood out! Extracted differently than the juice we find in the grocery store, it can also boost our health and can be especially helpful around the home and office.
Here are some tips on using this wonderful essential oil.
- Add a few drops of lemon oil to your drinking water. It can help reduce cravings for sugary drinks; helps flush toxins from body tissues; and can boost your energy.
- Lemon essential oil can be used as a Wake-Me-Up in the morning or a Pick-Me-Up in the afternoon! Add to a diffuser and diffuse 6 drops for about 20 minutes. No diffuser? Simply put a few drops on a cotton ball and sniff it.
- Improve your mood! We can all use this occasionally. Place 1 drop of lemon oil on each wrist. You’ll feel better instantly.
- Stinky dishwasher? Add 2 drops to of lemon oil to the detergent for a clean and fresh smell.
- Do you find your splattered microwave hard to clean? Fill a small bowl with half water and half white vinegar, and add 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Heat for 3 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl and wipe the oven clean.
- Use lemon oil to keep your fridge and freezer smelling clean and fresh. When wiping down surfaces (like when you do your weekly, monthly, seasonal purge 😊), add a few drops to your water and wipe the shelves and surfaces. Your appliances will not only smell clean and fresh, they’ll be clean and fresh!
- Remove the sticky labels, stickers and even gum from objects! Just rub a little lemon oil over it.
- Stinky shoes? Put a few drops of lemon oil on a few cotton balls. Put the balls in the toes of your shoes overnight. If odor remains, do it a second night.
- For laundry that you washed…and then forgot? Yikes! I’ve done this before. Add 2-3 drops of lemon oil to the load and rewash. Your clothes will smell clean and fresh and will BE clean and fresh!
- Speaking of laundry, you can pretreat clothes by mixing 4 drops of lemon oil with 6 oz. of water and apply to stains before washing. If not gone, you can use straight lemon oil and rub it in to the cloth, and rewash.
Full Circle Vitality carries lemon essential oil. Give us a call if you’d like to try it!
To Your Vitality!