- Written by Robyn Holder Robyn Holder
- Published: 09 October 2019 09 October 2019
A few years ago, I read an article by Sheri McConnell on mindset, and how it can enable us to reach our potential. McConnell identified mindset as the thinking that makes or breaks our success in life, and listed three ways we can be successful in our mindset thinking. Often, as we strive to eat more healthfully, reduce daily stressors, and move more, we need to adjust our mindset. Think of these three ideas:
- Believe it can happen. Many of us believe some of our goals are attainable and many are not. Take a goal and rewrite it to make yourself believe you can accomplish it even if there is a nagging voice saying “no way!” Then put it where you can see it every day. It can be any type of goal. Think big for yourself.
- Manifest what you want. Since manifesting is done in the mind, it in itself is a mindset. You should begin to consciously manifest what you dream of and what you need to accomplish your dreams. That is why writing down your goals is so powerful. It forces you to consciously manifest your wants and desires.
- Welcome change. The third mindset and the hardest and most important is being open to change. Many of us fear change and don’t recognize that we are limiting ourselves because of the safe choices we make, and because of the risk of failure. Change is good—it helps you grow. When you begin to expect change and thrive in the middle of it, you will increase the speed at which you succeed at your goals.
These are steps you can take to help with any change you have initiated, or want to make. If you are looking to have a healthier YOU, give us a call! We can help!
To Your Vitality!