Reflection can be a healthy exercise. As a new year begins, allow yourself a few moments to think about the past year - what you did and what you didn’t do; what you liked and what wasn’t so pleasing; what you learned and what you need to focus on this year.
Some questions to help you get started:
- What skills, awareness or knowledge did I acquire?
- What were my accomplishments?
- What were some significant events in my work life?
- What did I do that was fun? What wasn’t so much fun?
- What do I feel really good about?
- What was my greatest contribution this year?
- What did I do differently? What should I keep doing the same way?
- What is incomplete? What do I need to keep working on?
Reflecting can be good for your soul and your physical well-being. Consider writing your answers down so you can refer to them throughout the year. Hopefully some of the above questions bring answers involving steps you made toward better health.
To Your Vitality!
Source: Michael E. Angier, president and founder of successnet.org