- Written by Dr. Robyn Holder Dr. Robyn Holder
- Published: 21 January 2019 21 January 2019
We had a small business dinner in our home the other night, and I needed to honor some dietary requests. I made a cheddar fish bake recipe that I’ve had for years and it was a huge hit! So, because my faithful readers like recipes, here you go!
It’s a great anytime dish, but is especially good in wintertime because it’s warm, cheesy, delish and easy. Make some tonight and see if you agree.
CHEDDAR FISH BAKE
- 3 T. mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire or soy sauce, or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1-2 T. finely chopped onions
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1-2 T. white wine or sherry extract
- 2 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded or finely chopped (try to find organic!)
- 2 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded or finely chopped (again, look for organic)
- Small amount of shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. cooked, flaked fish – try wild-caught haddock, flounder, scrod, cod or orange roughy; I quick cook the fish in the microwave or stovetop until it can be flaked easily
- Add your favorite seasonings. I like 2-3 tsps. each of Old Bay, oregano, garlic, and rosemary.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the fish. Mix well. Gently stir in the cooked fish. Use olive or coconut oil to coat a 1-quart or 9 x 9-inch baking dish, and place the mixture in the dish. Add parmesan cheese as a topping, and sprinkle a little paprika on top also.
Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
This dish makes 4 servings, and can easily be doubled for a larger family or heartier appetites! It also keeps well until the next day – for lunch!
To Your Vitality!