- Written by Dr. Robyn Holder Dr. Robyn Holder
- Published: 25 November 2018 25 November 2018
Change is a six-letter word that spells D-I-F-F-I-C-U-L-T.
Many of us desire to change something – our jobs, our living space, our relationships, our bodies. However, this six-letter word often prevents us from doing so. Change can be difficult and we usually don’t want to do it! Darn it!
Several of my recent daily calendar page quotes have addressed change. One is very poignant and gets directly to the point – “If you want your life to change, change what you’ve been doing.” This is so true!
Often, what we’re doing is making an excuse to NOT change. For instance, if you want to change your body – look at what you are putting in to your body:
- Do you eat nourishing food?
- Do you drink plenty of water?
- Are you eating slowly and enjoying your food?
- Are you moving your body?
- Do you breathe fully and deeply?
To change, you have to set a plan. Establish several goals and how you will achieve them. Identify why you want to change. Perhaps you will establish a goal to become better hydrated – a great change to make! You decide to do this so your joints will feel better and your muscles won’t cramp so much. To do this:
- You’ll shoot for half your body weight in ounces (150 lbs. = 150 oz. water) each day
- You’ll set your phone to drink 8 oz. each hour, especially during your work day.
You’ve just turned CHANGE into CAN! And then, you move on to another goal!
“Unless some changes are made, your tomorrow will greatly resemble today.” Make your tomorrow better than today!
To Your Vitality!
*quotes from Life’s Little Instruction Calendar 2018.