Oh…the holidays! The season we are approaching can present numerous challenges in many areas of our lives. We get so busy, we eat less than healthfully…and on the run, we don’t sleep, and we’re stressed! Yikes! Many years ago, one of my favorite magazines was called Body+Soul. One year, it published a guide to living during the holidays. They still hold true today.
Here are some of their tips:
- The best way to entertain guests is to spend time with them. The dishes can wait.
- Rethink power shopping. Opt for fewer gifts that mean more.
- Breathe deeply --- and watch things fall into place.
- Revisit natural, time-honored treatments to heal what ails you.
- Generous acts are more than simple gestures. They’re a way of life.
- Don’t confuse what you give with who you are.
- Exercise can be an effective coping tool, not just another thing on your to-do list.
- Rather than ignore stress, take not of it. Only then can you create a plan for change.
- Be mindful of what you drink. Nourishment comes in many forms.
- It doesn’t take a Herculean effort to be a miracle in someone’s life.
We often forget the holidays can be a fun time as we get caught up in the preparations and celebrations. These tips might help you take a step back and give yourself such much needed stress relief!
Keep Your Vitality!