How many times have you heard, or maybe even said, “you’ll feel better after a good night’s sleep!” This may be true; however, sleep statistics prove many of us have issues with a good night’s sleep.
- 70% of us have trouble sleeping.
- 31% of us have trouble staying asleep
- 24% of us don’t have enough time to sleep
- 18% of us have trouble falling asleep
- 58% of us sleep 5 to 7 hours a night
- 31% of us have fallen asleep on the job
- 51% of us wake up 1 – 3 times a night
Sleep is VERY important. Not getting enough:
- puts you at risk for obesity
- prevents the release of hormones that regulate body processes
- is associated with high blood pressure, diabetes and depression
- decreases memory function – the brain cannot rebuild and strengthen its circuits
For better health, try to catch your Zs at night! Some tips to promote good sleep include turning off the electronic devices, turning down the thermostat, turning on the hot water for a relaxing bath or turning the pages of a good book. Try creating a ritual at bedtime that signals your body it is time to sleep! Your body will love it and so might you!
Keep Your Vitality!